Home » » Therapeutic

Therapeutic

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 | 5:16 AM

IMG_8030

IMG_7985

IMG_8008

IMG_7990
bird8 Thrifted dress & jacket, DSW wedges (similar), Fossil purse & watch (similar)

Thrifting with my mom is the best. She knows all of the best thrift stores in town and could probably drive to them with her eyes closed, and she's not afraid to tell me when I pick up something hideous.

We have a routine - she looks through housewares and picks up anything for me that has birds on it or looks vintage, while I look through the clothing for both of us. We meet at the fitting rooms and compare, often asking each other "what were you thinking?!", and then we try on the clothes together while gossiping and venting about life. It's been my perfect form of therapy for 20 years; I get to pay my therapist in style advice and bad jokes and every session usually ends with a bag of clothing and fast food.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.