Home » » Taking Root

Taking Root

Written By Unknown on Monday, September 24, 2012 | 5:25 AM

Untitled

Whenever my best friend and I get together, we have three traditions: do a craft project, go thrifting, and eat Indian food. She came to visit this past weekend and our craft project was making terrariums. The new apartment was missing some plants, so it definitely feels more like home now.

I love that you can make these in whatever container you like - a jar, a vase, or in my case an old fishbowl (I'm terrible at keeping fish alive...RIP Swimmothy).

Untitled

Untitled
Untitled

1. Layer of moss (any kind will work).
2. Layer of rocks/pebbles.
3. Layer of activated charcoal - which I bought at Walmart but it's also sold in aquarium shops.
4. Layer of sphagnum moss.
5. Layer of soil.
6. Add plants (I chose succulents) and decorate however you like (I added a tiny deer figurine).

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I also made a second, smaller one in a teacup to keep in the kitchen. 
Untitled

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.